Monday, August 26, 2013

Monday August 26 2013 Reviews From Maryland

images and text from amazon.com


My Blue Heaven
DVD ~ Steve Martin

My Blue Heaven

5.0 out of 5 stars Changing Life By LocationsAugust 25, 2013

This review is from: My Blue Heaven (DVD)
"My Blue Heaven" is a film that centers around the story of a man who starts a new life in California after being put in the witness protection program. He is placed in a quiet and stable suburban neighborhood, but manages to still become involved in events where explanations are required for his actions. "My Blue Heaven" theme song is featured in the movie and is listed to have been performed by musician Fats Domino. Steve Martin, Joan Cusack, and Rick Moranis are some of the actors/actresses featured in "My Blue Heaven." "My Blue Heaven" is good for those who are in the mood to catch a light-hearted comedy.


The World's End
DVD ~ Simon Pegg

The World's End

5.0 out of 5 stars The Zany EndAugust 25, 2013

I admit that one of the reasons why "The World's End" caught my attention was because of a strong intuitive feeling that my husband would enjoy this movie. I was able to successfully convince him to check out "The World's End." This is because both "The World's End" trailer and ad reminded me a little of Shaun of The Dead. My spouse had previously watched Shaun of the Dead back in 2004 and greatly enjoyed it. Fortunately, my husband loved "The World's End" even more. "The Worlds End" follows the crazy and comical events of high school buddies who reunite years later to recapture some of the fun energy from their youth. The men soon learn an important lesson that an environment and the people are definitely sometimes different from what is projected on the surface. The actors harmoniously gave natural performances as friends who have a lot of catching up to do. The music played in the film also caught my interest, particularly when they enter the mermaid club, if only I knew the names of the songs featured when they were in this club (such as in the scene with their encounters with the "marmalade twins"). The following is the listing of the actors/actress that are shown reuniting with each other: Martin Freeman (The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey), Simon Pegg (Star Trek Into Darkness), Nick Frost (Paul), Paddy Considine (The Bourne Ultimatum), Eddie Marsan (Jack The Giant Slayer), and Rosamund Pike (Jack Reacher). "The World's End" is an entertaining choice for those who like comic books and/or science fiction themes.
Hardcore Adrenaline 3

Hardcore Adrenaline 3

5.0 out of 5 stars Some Subtle Additions of Hardcore Music RemakesAugust 25, 2013
This review is from: Hardcore Adrenaline 3 (Audio CD)
"Hardcore Adrenaline 3" is a three disc set of high tempo house, trance, and dance music by multiple musicians. Disc 1 has 18 songs mixed by Stu Allan, Disc 2 is assembled by DJ Seduction, and disc 3 is fine-tuned as the Bootlegs Mix. "Sunlight" by Darren Styles & Seduction Feat. Alison Wade is currently one of my personal musical favorites from this collection. However, there is something for many hard core dance music listeners due to a range of music ranging from a remake of "Sweet Dreams" by Uraken & Calyn Tsukishima and The Simpsons theme by HNK.Burn

Burn

5.0 out of 5 stars Phoenix Rising From The Ashes Type of Song
August 25, 2013
This review is from: Burn (MP3 Music)
"Burn" by Ellie Goulding is an empowerment musical anthem that encourages a message of feeling good in life. The online music video more clearly expresses the message of the song. "Burn" by Ellie Goulding is perfect for those preferring a bright and optimistic song with electronic and pop music influences.
Classical Music for the Reader 10: Great Masterpieces for the Dedicated Reader

Classical Music for the Reader 10: Great Masterpieces for the Dedicated Reader

5.0 out of 5 stars Classical Selections For PeacefulnessAugust 25, 2013
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)

Classical Music Reader 10: Great Masterpieces for the Dedicated Reader is a tranquil 30 track compilation by various classical music artists. At the time of this writing, this collection is a great musical bargain to me at just one dollar and nine cents. "The Marriage of Figaro, K-492 Act III": Dove Sono (instrumental version) by Anton Dikov, Sofia Philharmonic Orchestra is one of the tracks that I enjoy the most on this musical set. However, the only catch is that this music must be listened to only when you are ready to truly relax for the day (due to the quiet musical quality to many of the songs).
Inspirational Website Of The Week:



Many of the posts and newsletters contain content that is both informative and exalting content.  There are times that I luckily feel that the subject matter is timely for what is going on in my life. For instance, one of the latest posts from the early to rise website pertained to not giving up. The encouraging message of persistence gave me healing food for thought on why I must keep going (in regards to pursuing personal ambitions).

Latest Yelp Reviews


Filter by:  Location    Category


2020 University Blvd. East
Hyattsville, MD 20783
(301) 434-3620

Family Dollar  

Category: Discount Store 
5.0 star rating
 8/26/2013 First to Review
This Hyattsville Dollar store on University Blvd has among some of the best discounts for essential household, beauty products, and food items.  I especially like to purchase the body washes and conditioners for my  husband and I because of the decent quality that comes with the low cost.  On my most recent trip, I purchased some aluminum foil, plastic bowls, and food at cheap prices. Due to the high demand in my neighborhood for the deals at the Dollar store, there is often a long line of customers waiting to purchase their items. However, each time I visit, I notice that the cashiers genuinely care about still giving cheerful service while taking care of high demand of customers. Obviously, this dollar store is great to purchase essentials at for price bargains  and to receive good customer service.
1137-A UNIVERSITY BLVD. EAST
Takoma Park, MD 20912
(301) 448-1116

Little Caesars Pizza  

Category: Food 
3.0 star rating
 8/26/2013 First to Review
My  husband and I recently checked out this Little Caesars pizza location to see how the taste would match up in accordance with the price. Pros: The cashier was cheerful, friendly, and did her best to serve the food in a quick manner. My husband and I were pleasantly surprised at how quick we received our pizza, wings, and crazy bread.  Additionally, the food was extremely low cost  (in a good way) for being a pizza place. The cons: My husband liked the wings more than I did, only because the wings came with a tasty sauce, but I only wish that they were cooked just a little bit longer. Both of us liked the "crazy bread" and marinara sauce, but neither of us ate much of the pizza.  The pizza was cooked fine, it was just that I wish that it contained more tomato sauce and Italian seasonings. Despite the three stars, my husband and I may come back to this Little Caesar's location because the cashier made us both feel welcome as customers and due to the food being low-cost.  We would just order a different pizza from the Supreme pizza that was selected.


7911 New Hampshire Ave
Hyattsville, MD 20783
(301) 445-4856

McDonald's  

Category: Fast Food 
4.0 star rating
 8/26/2013 First to Review
My husband and I recently ate at this Mcdonalds around a busy dinnertime. He had the double quarter pounder with cheese while I had the two cheeseburgers value meal.  The cashier was friendly and carefully double-checked that our orders were entered correctly.  Obviously, this place is best for low-cost food with quality customer service.



  • Charley's Grilled Subs                                                             

  • 11160 Veirs Mill Rd

  • Wheaton, MD 20902
    (301) 946-1702
    Category: Sandwiches 

4.0 star rating
8/28/2013
The food here at Charley's Grilled Subs is cooked with care in front of you and the cashier had a pleasant demeanor. My spouse chose the philly deluxe sandwich (which he found tasty)  with dr pepper while I selected a delectable tasting smokehouse bacon bbq sandwich with rootbeer and bacon cheesefries. I became full from eating just the sandwich and was only able to consume a few bites of the fries. Naturally, I gave the fries to my husband to finish off.



I keep an open mind when listening to music and enjoy an eclectic range of music genres and musicians both through ideas that I get online (such as through Pandora, Swisscharts, amazon, British charts, etc) and through the radio. The following are some of the radio stations that play songs matching my music interests:
97.1 WASH-FM
HOT 99.5
DC101
MIX 107.3
94.7 Fresh FM








No comments:

Post a Comment