Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Writings Of A Millionaire In The Making

Recent Reviews

Filter by:  Location    Category
3237A 14th St NW
Washington, DC 20010
(202) 506-7814

FroZenYo  

Category: Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt
Neighborhood: Columbia Heights
5.0 star rating
 7/5/2013
"Frozen Yo" in Columbia Heights serves up some of the smoothest and delightful yogurts (in such flavors as pistachio, strawberry, cheesecake, and more diverse flavors). All of the women working inside this place were cheerful and helped provide a welcoming atmosphere for the customers. There was even a person situated at the topping bar enthusiastically making sure that there were adequate helpings of kiwi, cherries, kit kat bars, almonds, and other various tasty toppings for those filling up their yogurt cups.  Both the topping bar person and the cashier exuded both a courteous and professional vibe.  My spouse and I are glad to have chosen this place as a dessert destination.
3301 14th St NW
Washington, DC 20010

Z-Burger  

Category: Burgers
Neighborhood: Columbia Heights
5.0 star rating
 7/5/2013
"Z Burger" in Columbia Heights serves extremely tasty burgers and fries. I also found it great that one of the cashiers (Mohammed) courteously greeted my spouse and I coming in. Both of our orders came in at decent times. My husband had the cheesesteak (with cherry dr. pepper) while I had a bacon cheeseburger with fried egg, fried onions, and mushrooms (with a rootbeer). We both shared the half and half order of French fries and onion rings (which by the way also tasted satisfactory). The fries were cooked to a good texture and had a seasoning that went well with the Mango sauces and Z sauces. The onion rings also tasted superb and were cooked in a batter that complemented the overall meal. We both also felt like we got our money's worth at "Z Burger."  "Z Burger" is a fitting place to go to for appetizing burgers and fries.
6505 America Blvd
Hyattsville, MD 20782
(301) 864-3456

Royale 14 Cinemas  

Category: Cinema 
4.0 star rating
 7/3/2013
I went to this movie theater last night to see "Despicable Me 2".  I have actually been going to this movie theater since 2010 and have to say that the customer service is actually getting better. My husband and I were able to order and receive our drinks and snacks in a timely manner. We ordered our tickets online through fandango only because the only catch is that you have to allow at least thirty minutes before the movie time to obtain a ticket (due to the lines getting long here during the holidays and weekends, especially for the summer).  As we were leaving, one of the workers, (I recall it may have been one of the supervisors and/or managers) at least took the time to enthusiastically thank the movie patrons for coming.  From this, I can deduce that they must be taking actions here to improve the movie going experience for the customers.
6451 America Blvd
Hyattsville, MD 20782
(301) 209-0880

Five Guys Famous Burgers and Fries  

Categories: Fast FoodBurgers 
3.0 star rating
 7/3/2013
This "Five Guys" restaurant is pretty close by the Regal Hyattsville Royale 14 movie theater, which makes it convenient for catching a bite to eat before watching the latest  film. I admit that I like the Shake Shack burgers and fries more than Five Guys, but my spouse enjoys the Five Guys burger and fries more than Shake Shack burgers. My spouse and I both had the regular size bacon cheeseburgers. The only difference was that he had his burger with regular fries and diet coke while I had mine with cajun fries and a soft drink medley of root beer and cherry coke.  I would eat there again, but only ordering the burgers and not the fries. This is only because I felt that the fries are sometimes unintentionally overcooked and I had to ask for more seasoning after initially being given fries that look and taste comparable to the ones I can get in the frozen section of a grocery store. In all fairness, the customer service is also at least decent.  However, this is a reasonable priced place to eat at for decent taste and fair prices prior to seeing a movie.
7415 B Baltimore Ave
College Park, MD 20740
(301) 864-0852

Cluckster's  

Categories: Chicken WingsSandwiches 
3.0 star rating
 7/1/2013
The pros to Clucksters: decent customer service and reasonably priced.
My husband had the parmesan chicken sandwich (comes with the marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese) with a Diet Pepsi drink and I had one of their burgers with sierra mist. We shared the fried mozzarella sticks and the mushrooms.  The Honey Bees (honey glazed biscuits) were pretty good. The only caveat I had with the food was my burger. The cook did a fair job in making sure that the burger was adequately cooked. It was just that I was not use to the taste of the burger itself.  I ended up not finishing the burger. Additionally, the ranch sauce for the mushrooms also tasted different than I expected. In their defense, the ranch sauces are probably packaged in a certain way due to corporate rules.  It was just that I was hoping for a ranch sauce flavoring that tasted even better than what I can get at a grocery store.  The burger and ranch caveats are the main reasons why I must rank my experience as a three star versus a five star. However, my husband was satisfied with the chicken parmesan sandwich and let me try some of his sandwich (it was pretty decent). Overall, I would rate Cluckster's  a 6.5 on a scale of 1-10 due to the chicken tasting ok, but there is room for improvement when it comes to the actual taste of the Cluckster hamburgers.
1216 18th St NW
Washington, DC 20036
(202) 683-9922

Shake Shack  

Category: Burgers
Neighborhood: Dupont Circle
5.0 star rating
 7/1/2013
Shake Shack is a place of both delicious food and strong customer service. I recommend their scrumptious Shack Stack, a mouthwatering  cheeseburger filled with a tasty muenster and cheddar cheese Portobello  mushroom. Their cheese fries are a crafty blend of American and cheddar cheese sauce. I admit that I get their shack stack and cheese fries each time I eat there.  Their rootbeer is pretty satisfying as well. Their price is pretty fair for the quality of their food.
Yelp is so much better when your friends are here.

No Lists

Have a collection of Bars with the Best Happy Hours? How about Hot Spots in Your Hood?

No comments:

Post a Comment